What is a Christian?
- A Christian is one who believes God exists, and that He created all things.
- A Christian is one who believes what God has said is true and orders their lives accordingly.
- That God created us in His image.
- That through rebellion as a race we sinned against God and are lost.
- That the world is the way it is because of these things.
- A Christian is one who has come to see the reality of their personal guilt and ruin before God, and their need of a Savior.
- A Christian is one who has believed that Jesus Christ is the God/man, and that He died on the Cross historically to bear the just punishment for sin due to fallen mankind.
- A Christian is one who has personally trusted in Christ’s death at Calvary as their substitute, and God’s only means to be reconciled to Him – through faith in that death.
- A Christian is one who is now living their lives in loving gratitude and service to Jesus Christ as their Lord, proclaiming the grace and mercy that saved them, to others.
- A Christian is one who is ever moving toward Heaven as their final home and their highest joy in being with God and Christ Jesus eternally.